It is said that traveling is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. There are a few places in this world which give you the feeling that you become richer from a spiritual point of view when you visit them and Egypt is truly one of these places.
This fascinating country displays some of the world’s most famous places whose beauty is given by a unique and impressive architecture, which hides the fabulous history of the ancient civilizations. If you have never thought of visiting Egypt, I advise you to do it because once you go there you will discover a lot of reasons which will make you fall in love with this country.
It will be an amazing experience to explore the ancient Egyptian civilizations and discover the greatness of its temples, monuments and traditional settlements. You will definitely enjoy your stay there, because you will have the chance to experience a journey into the world of legends, symbols, hieroglyphs, mummies and pharaohs. This country is defined by strong contrasts which are really fascinating. You will be impressed by the contrast between wealth and poverty, opulence and misery, sensibility and rigidity. I could say that Egypt is one of my favorite countries and I will share with you the reasons why I feel this way:
1. Releasing an intense energy, the Giza Plateau is definitely the iconic image of Egypt. The most popular tourist attraction in Egypt, the Giza Plateau, displays the spectacular pyramids and the Great Sphinx in perfect harmony. The greatness of these masterpieces is given by an authentic architecture shrouded in mystery. This overwhelming view is outlined by the image of the Pyramid of Khufu, the Pyramid of Khafre and the Pyramid of Menkaure and it is completed by the imposing presence of the Great Sphinx.
2. The Valley of the Kings is another stunning place, which hides 63 royal tombs built in rock and embellished with symbols from the Egyptian mythology. It will be a fascinating experience to explore the tombs of the pharaohs and discover the mystery of a bygone era. You will have the chance to admire a series of legendary tombs such as: the Tomb of Tutankhamun, the Tomb of Hatshepsut, the Tomb of Ramses II, the Tomb of Tuthmosis I and many others.
3. The Egyptian Museum in Cairo is definitely a place you should not miss. This complex of 107 rooms exhibits an impressive collection of Egyptian antiquities. It is an amazing experience and a great opportunity to admire all those priceless objects and understand their history. The Egyptian Museum is an authentic treasure of Egypt. Take your time and visit each gallery and discover the beauty of those spectacular collections. An interesting thing that will complete your visit to this museum is the famous Mummies’ Room which will definitely fascinate you.
4. The Temple of Karnak is a magnificent complex of temples in Luxor, whose greatness is given by the combination between a perfect architecture and a fabulous design. Dedicated to Pharaoh Amun, this impressive place hides the history of the ancient civilizations shrouded in mystery. The most imposing monuments are: the Temple of Amun, the Obelisk of Tuthmosis I and the Avenue of the Sphinxes. Walking among these well preserved monuments will make you feel a sort of astonishment.
5. The Temple of Queen Hatshepsut is an imposing edifice surrounded by rocks which seem to guard the spectacular temple, built on three levels. The architecture and the interior design of this temple, embellished with Egyptian symbols, are incredibly beautiful. The Temple of Queen Hatshepsut displays important moments of her reign.
6. The Colossi of Memnon is an amazing mortuary temple whose beauty is given by the two massive stone statues. These imposing guards which are about 20 meters high, represent the image of Pharaoh Amenhotep III sitting on the throne and wearing the royal Egyptian symbols.
7. A cruise on the River Nile is an unforgettable experience. The Nile is the silent witness of the Egyptian history which hides great mysteries. This is an opportunity to admire wonderful landscapes and settlements.
8. The Red Sea is definitely a stunning sea with crystal blue waters and beautiful beaches with shiny fine sand. You will be delighted by the beauty of the beaches and the variety of beachside activities such as: swimming among dolphins, diving, snorkeling or just admiring the marine life and the coral reefs from a glass bottom boat.
9. Desert Safari is a fabulous experience because it gives you the chance to experience a few interesting things. This is actually an organized tour which gives you the opportunity to explore the desert in an off-road car, to visit a Bedouin village and to ride a camel.
10. Egyptian shows are unique because they combine traditional dances with a series of beautiful Egyptian symbols and decorations. The setting is special and it will make you feel and understand the Egyptian atmosphere and lifestyle. You will be impressed by the Egyptian joy and hospitality.
Egypt is definitely one of the most fascinating countries in the world, maybe the most fascinating one due to its overwhelming beauty.