No matter what you choose to visit in Rome, you should definitely add the Colosseum on your list. The reason is more than obvious because, as we all know, the Colosseum is the most famous tourist attraction in Rome and also one of the most famous in the world.
If you decide to visit this place you should take into account the following tips:
1. Make sure you are not on the run when you decide to visit the Colosseum. I advise you to take your time and enjoy the beauty of this sight and in order to do so, you will probably need an entire day. The archaeological area includes three important monuments: The Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill.
2. You can buy a ticket that covers the entrance of all three monuments. You should also know that the ticket is valid for two days, so be careful and don’t lose it.
3. If you buy your entrance ticket on the internet, you will avoid the queues and save precious time. Your ticket will be e-mailed to you and this way you will also avoid any delivery charges.
4. If you haven’t bought your tickets in advance you should know that you can also do it at the entrance of the Palatine Hill. This place is less crowded and it is better to buy tour tickets from there. The ticket gate at the Colosseum is very crowded and you will waste a lot of time there.
5. Take a lot of pictures with the locals dressed as Romans because it will be a very funny experience. In my opinion pictures are the most beautiful memories.