Brussels is the capital of Belgium and also the capital of the European Union. The largest city in Belgium, Brussels is an impressive European Cultural Center where the tourists can admire beautiful buildings, parks, museums and galleries.
You should spend at least a week in this beautiful city in order to have enough time to visit all these places. If you are going to spend only one day in this city, there are some places you should definitely not miss. You should take into account the following recommendations, in case you want to spend a perfect day in Brussels:
1. Firstly you should check the weather forecast and choose a sunny day in case you want to enjoy your trip around the city. Weather in Brussels is very unpredictable.
2. You should wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
3. Brussels is famous for its interesting architecture and no tourist should miss the masterpieces of the city. The most representative buildings are in my opinion: the Grand Place-Grote Markt, the Manneken Pis , the Jeanneke Pis, the Palace of Justice, the Royal Palace, the National Basilica of the Sacred Heart and the Statue of Europe.
4. A walk in the Cinquantenaire (Jubelpark) will give you the energy to continue exploring the city.
5. You should not miss the Atomium, which is the iconic image of Brussels and the symbol of Belgium. It will be a memorable experience to visit the five spheres which are open to the public.
6. Mini-Europe is an outdoor museum where the tourists can admire scale models of famous European monuments and buildings.
7. If you are a museum lover Brussels is the place to visit. There are a variety of museums you can choose from. In my opinion the most interesting ones are the Musical Instruments Museum ,the Rene Magritte Museum and the Chocolate Museum.
The Chocolate Museum is an absolute must if you want to plunge into the world of chocolate and live an amazing experience.
8. You shouldn’t miss the most important European institutions. The European Parliament, the European Commission and the European Council are all located in Brussels.
9. In my opinion you will not have a complete experience in Brussels if you don’t taste some Belgian dishes such as: fries, mousse and the best chocolate and beer.
If you like spending your holidays in the big cities of the world and you are ready to be fascinated by a unique architectural style, Brussels is the perfect destination.