I have always been fascinated and attracted by those spectacular cities which in my opinion have a lot to offer when it comes to tourism. Spectacular is exactly the word that perfectly describes the city I am going to talk about. My article is about a vibrant, chaotic, exotic and charming city. This city is Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Bangkok, also known as the City of Angels, is the capital and the most populous city of Thailand. Bangkok is the type of city that perfectly represents the Asian culture, the place where you will have the opportunity to visit and admire so many beautiful sights and attractions and try so many interesting and different things.
In my opinion what really makes Bangkok a very fascinating city is the contrast between traditional and modern, between poverty and wealth, between conventional and unconventional. If you ever get to Bangkok I advise you to take your time and explore this amazing city. You should spend at least a few days here because there are a lot of things to see and do in Bangkok. I made a list with the most representative things about this city which in my opinion perfectly capture the essence of Bangkok.
1. The iconic image of Bangkok is its collection of palaces, temples and shrines. The city is embellished with a lot of beautiful places which perfectly display the blend between religion, history and culture. No matter what you choose to visit from this impressive collection, there are some edifices that you should definitely add on your list such as: the Grand Palace, the Temple of Lounged Buddha, the Temple of Emerald Buddha, the Temple of Buddha Meditating and the highest Buddhist temple in the world Phra Pathom Chedi .All these places are a real measure of the Asian culture.
2. The canals and the floating market are amazing. Bangkok is also known as the Venice of the East due to the beauty of its canals, its unique sights and of its riverside dwellings. You cannot leave Bangkok without doing a boat tour to the floating market. It will be a unique experience which will give you the opportunity to buy a lot of interesting things and eat tasty traditional food.
3. The Rose Garden is a sort of botanical garden where you can admire a beautiful scenery with a variety of plants and trees. The fact that you can take part in Thai shows is what really makes this place interesting. These shows are a combination of traditional dances, sketches about their habits and animal performances. The elephant shows are in my opinion the most interesting and entertaining.
4. A cruise on the Chao Phraya River will be an unforgettable experience. You can go on a cruise on the River of Kings either during the day or at night. My advice is to go on this cruise at night because the show of lights will be spectacular. This is a great opportunity to admire the multitude of lights that embellish Bangkok.
5. Chinatown in Bangkok is also an interesting place you should add on your list. This neighborhood is the best way to discover and understand the Asian lifestyle. It is about lights, fuss, energy and good humor. My advice is to visit this place at night because this is the perfect time when you can experience the Asian atmosphere.
6. In case you want to have an amazing view of the city from your window you should book a room in one of the tall hotels in Bangkok. This will give you the opportunity to relax in one of the pools situated on the upper floors. It will feel amazing to swim in a pool surrounded by skyscrapers, especially at night when all the lights are on in the city.
7. Going shopping in Bangkok is an entertaining experience. There are a lot of markets where you can buy interesting things at very good prices. No matter what you choose to buy don’t forget to bargain. It is said that if you are a good negotiator you can buy everything you want at half the price. One of the most interesting markets that I recommend is the Flower Market.
8. It is said that Bangkok has the best street food in the world. There is a variety of tasty traditional food you can choose from, in case you are not particular about the food. The food is often very good and fresh, but if you have doubts about it, you can also try Thai traditional food in Thai restaurants.
9. Walking down the streets of Bangkok is the best way to admire the contrasts and the interesting architecture of the city. It is in my opinion the best way to feel the spirit of Bangkok, to discover the atmosphere of the city and to plunge into the Asian culture and lifestyle.
10. It is said that you won’t have a complete experience in Bangkok if you don’t try a Thai massage and a Thai erotic show. The Thai massage is a source of energy and relaxation for both your body and mind. The erotic show or the ping pong show is a taboo subject, officially prohibited under the Thai law, but one of a kind experience for thrill seekers.
All things considered, Bangkok is an amazing destination that it will definitely impress you with its variety of sights, attractions and interesting shows. These are a few of the reasons why you should visit the City of Angels and discover its beauty and complexity.